Larson • King attorneys have extensive experience helping clients address environmental issues as a result of past or ongoing operations. Our experience enables us to work quickly and strategically to help our clients manage and contain the cost of environmental challenges, while protecting their reputation.
Our environmental experience includes:
- Serving as legal counsel to the Environmental Remediation Program of a Fortune 500 company.
- Obtaining a defense jury verdict for a pesticide manufacturer in a groundwater contamination case.
- Successfully resolving contribution and cost allocation lawsuits under federal and state Superfund laws.
- Leading an interdisciplinary team handling a lawsuit, public relations and political issues associated with the pollution of a neighborhood in upstate New York.
- Helping a client collect over $50 million of insurance proceeds to cover expenses associated with past waste disposal activities.
From compliance counseling to environmental litigation, we focus on obtaining the best possible cost-effective result for our client. Our environmental team works closely with our insurance coverage attorneys who have experience representing policyholders in dealing with the pollution exclusion and with allocation issues among insurance policies. This unique combination provides Larson • King clients with valuable counsel to minimize exposure to third parties while maximizing reimbursement from insurers and other responsible parties.