Larson · King attorneys who practice in areas of health law have a strong grasp on the ever changing laws and evolving health care industry. We represent a variety of health care providers, including healthcare systems, hospitals and clinics; physicians, dentists, and other individual practitioners; psychologists, therapists, and behavioral health care providers; physician groups; ambulatory surgical centers and urgent care centers; mental health care clinics and facilities; pharmacies and individual pharmacists; and nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Our attorneys provide pragmatic and strategic advice and counsel to our health care clients on a broad range of matters, encompassing:
- Risk management and mitigation
- Physician contracts and other employment agreements
- Human resources issues and employment disputes
- Medical staff bylaws and regulations
- Medical staff investigations
- Peer review and credentialing disputes
- Compliance with state and federal rules and regulations such as the Minnesota Health Records Act, HIPAA, EMTALA, and the Medicare Secondary Payer Act
Additionally, our attorneys represent physicians, dentists, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and other health professionals before state boards and administrative agencies, as well as in defense of professional liability claims in federal and state courts.
While our attorneys strive to help our health care clients identify and resolve potential issues before they develop into more serious concerns, our attorneys are also experienced and innovative litigators who passionately and effectively represent our clients’ interests when litigation ensues.