Intellectual Property & Technology
In today’s corporate marketplace, intellectual property is often a company’s most valuable asset. No business can survive without ideas that define its brand. You invest in your brand; we protect your investment. Well-versed in false advertising, trademark infringement, trademark dilution, trade dress, trade secrets, copyright infringement and unfair competition, we have in-depth experience in litigation and enforcement of a wide variety of cases that fall under the Lanham Act. When a client’s intellectual property asset is in jeopardy, we know when to litigate and when to negotiate. Our on-going relationships with clients—combined with our expansive understanding of the ever-evolving IP landscape—allow us to take-on trouble when it comes, or avert it before it arrives. We approach each case with expertise, creativity, agility, and the acumen to know when to speak softly—and when to use a big stick.
We have litigated cases on behalf of international, national and local companies of all sizes. Representative experience includes:
- Devising and implementing strategies to develop, market, manage and protect patent, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property assets
- Securing clients’ intellectual property through agreements with employees, subcontractors, vendors, and other business partners
- Conducting intellectual property audits and web site and internet practices reviews
- Developing internal intellectual property management programs and procedures
- Copyright and trademark clearance and development
- Registering and protecting copyrights and trademarks in the U.S. and overseas
- Managing the risk of acquiring and using intellectual property-based assets including negotiating intellectual property purchases and licenses, development agreements
- Advertising and labeling review and advice
- Negotiating and drafting web-based, technology and software related agreements
- Counseling and negotiation in intellectual property disputes
- Licensing of trademarks and copyrights, including software and content, in all media and formats
Our courtroom experience includes trademark and copyright infringement claims involving federally registered marks as well as common law trademark infringement, dilution, packaging issues, trade dress, false advertising, and unfair competition. We have successfully obtained temporary restraining orders, preliminary and permanent injunctions, and damages against trademark infringers. Our attorneys also have experience in cyberspace issues involving trademarks, including domain name disputes, internet defamation, and misuse of trademarks on websites.
Larson • King’s intellectual property attorneys have a strong grasp of this ever evolving and difficult area of law, representing clients in protection of their rights in trade names, trademarks, trade dress, good will, domain names, trade secrets, manufacturing processes, know-how, and other confidential information and copyrights. We use strategies and solutions that are innovative, practical, attuned to our clients’ business objectives, and sensitive to the antitrust, franchise, tax and other issues that affect the handling of intangible assets.