Patrick H. O'Neill, JR.
Third-generation St. Paul, Minnesota attorney Patrick H. O’Neill, Jr. serves clients in the Twin Cities and throughout the entire 5-state region who seek seasoned legal judgement. Patrick’s unique blend of experience includes his work as plaintiff’s counsel in legal malpractice matters.
st. paul litigation attorney
With more than 25 years of legal experience Patrick O’Neill, Jr. serves the legal needs of clients from his office at Larson • King in St. Paul, Minnesota. Patrick provides close attention to the personal needs and legal objectives of his clients in the practice areas of legal malpractice, and business and commercial litigation, as well as professional negligence cases involving accounting malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death, transportation defense, and fire subrogation.
experienced litigation & trial counsel
Patrick provides his clients with personalized legal services and results-oriented advice and is dedicated to providing his clients with more than just run-of-the-mill legal services. He works diligently to provide his clients with exceptional results within an individually tailored attorney-client relationship.
mn legal malpractice attorney
As part of this ongoing dedication, Patrick has become particularly adept at holding his peers in the legal community accountable for legal malpractice. If your case has been mishandled by an attorney you wish you had not put your faith and trust in, he may be able to help.
He also represents those clients whose lawyers have breached their fiduciary duties to their clients, by representing themselves to be competent in handling a certain type of legal problem when, in fact, they were not. These attorneys may have missed the statute of limitations deadline or ignored a conflict of interest. These matters include recovering against attorneys unfit for estate planning who have given incompetent advice and business lawyers who have negligently drafted antenuptial agreements.
Patrick’s knowledge of professional malpractice matters includes a command of accounting malpractice. Clients particularly find themselves victimized in accounting matters as a result of professionally incompetent advice as well as a result of outright accounting fraud, among other situations. Patrick O’Neill, Jr. brings the knowledge clients need as well as a developed network of professionals and experts necessary to properly build these cases.
- After remand from the Minnesota Supreme Court, 907 N.W.2d 167 (2018), confidential settlement reached in matter involving defective antenuptial agreement for lack of two independent witnesses.
- Two week jury trial in Ramsey County District Court resulted in verdict of $877,260.00 reduced by 35% to $570,219.00 in case involving negligent drafting of Buy-Sell Agreement between two 50-50 partners. Confidential settlement reached before any appeal was taken.
- Confidential settlement reached in matter involving negligent advice regarding the reporting of charges to the Minnesota Department of Commerce in regard to a real estate license.
- Confidential settlement reached in matter involving the negligent drafting of business buy-out documents involving a personal guarantee.
- Confidential settlement reached in matter involving the negligent drafting of business loan documents.
- Confidential settlement reached in negligent appraisal and auctioneer case.
- Confidential settlement reached in matter involving the negligent drafting of estate documents and abuse of power of attorney.
- Settlement of dispute between siblings involving the distribution of trust proceeds.
- Settlement of legal malpractice action involving the negligent handling of MUFTA litigation and underlying bankruptcy judgment.
- In excess of a quarter million dollar recovery obtained involving legal malpractice and conflict of interest claim involving the waiver of a spousal elective share without informed consent.
- Six figure confidential settlement reached in legal malpractice dispute involving the sale of property and negligent drafting of documents.
- Multi-million dollar settlement of legal malpractice case involving defective drafting and documentation of loans.
- In excess of a quarter million dollar recovery obtained in matter involving the negligent drafting of a Divorce Decree regarding the maintenance of post-divorce life insurance policies.
- Confidential settlement reached in matter involving the negligent drafting of a Divorce Decree regarding marital assets and client lists.
- Multi-million recovery obtained in matter involving trustee and trustee’s employer relative to misappropriation of trust funds.
- Nearly a quarter million dollar recovery for improper drafting of grantor trust documents and negligent estate planning advice which resulted in significant tax consequences.
- In excess of $1,000,000 recovery for a bank who relied on its counsel as to when to redeem in a foreclosure proceeding. The trial court ruled the bank lost its entire mortgage and security interest when it failed to redeem prior to the sheriff’s sale. The firm settled via mediation.
- Nearly a quarter million dollar recovery for land/quarry owner regarding negligent drafting of documents and legal description.
- Confidential five-figure recovery for a union member who sued his divorce attorney for negligent drafting of Qualified Domestic Relations Order which did not include what would happen if the spouse died before going into “pay status”.
- Nearly a half million recovery for Iowa limited liability company and managers/brothers relative to their lawyers failure to object, post judgment, to in excess of $650,000 in attorney fees that were then attached to the family farm which was then foreclosed upon.
- Confidential six-figure recovery regarding the negligent conversion from a Chapter 11 to a chapter 7 bankruptcy which resulted in the permanent loss of a lifetime monthly disability payment.
- Confidential six-figure wrongful death recovery arising from a negligent City of St. Paul ambulance driver who backed over our 79-old client without using a spotter.
- Confidential six-figure recovery for improper drafting of grantor trust documents and negligent estate planning advice which resulted in significant tax consequences.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.
Business & Commercial Law
Professional Malpractice Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Litigation & Appeals
Patrick is licensed to practice in Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Patrick O’Neill, Jr. has
an enviable track
record of success.