Larson • King’s attorneys manage complex construction and construction defect litigation on behalf of public and private property owners, insurers, sureties, contractors, and design professionals. Our broad experience working on both plaintiff and defense cases provides immeasurable value to clients involved in construction related disputes. Our experience includes:
- Successfully handled and managed the defense of hundreds of residential and commercial construction defect cases for general contractors, subcontractors, and other design professionals.
- Numerous favorable jury verdicts for clients involved in construction defect litigation.
- Recovered substantial damages for commercial property owners and homeowners for defective design and construction of structures.
- Successfully litigated the defense of numerous first party coverage matters involving hail, wind and storm claims, typically involving large scale residential and/or commercial properties, millions of dollars in claimed damages, and frequently involving bad faith allegations.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment rulings on statute of limitations, statutes of repose, and other liability grounds.
- In a ruling of first impression, obtained a declaratory judgment relating to insurance coverage provided by an insurer’s Interior Building Exclusion.
Larson • King has developed a valuable network of leading forensic engineers, construction experts and contract consultants who work closely with our lawyers and clients to provide specialized expertise during discovery, dispute resolution and trial. Larson • King’s construction attorneys are skilled at managing complicated multi-party cases with voluminous project documents. Our construction attorneys regularly participate in regional and national forums and are actively involved in construction trade groups including Associated General Contractors and Women Construction Owners & Executives.